Monday, October 10, 2011

Disney Wine & Dine


October 1, 2011 I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Disney Wine &Dine trade show. The show took place at ESPN Wide World of Sports. At the trade show there were many vendors selling all sorts of products anywhere from little girls headbands to balance bracelets. I have posted a photograph that I took from upstairs of the show so you can see the entire layout. On the trade show floor there was a section of seats where a chef prepared food every couple hours and passed out samples. I had a chance to try a homemade granola bar, chicken salad and a delicious chocolate brownie.
 I was a volunteer there to represent Full Sail University at their booth. We had a Full Sail University background hanging and a table with a bunch of goodies. Those who stopped by our booth had a chance to hear about the school from three students, an admission representative and a marketing and promotions person; information was given from all spectrums. We handed out t-shirts, water bottles, pens, lens cleaners and backpacks. We gave out some really great items for free that sell for a price that is not free on the Hangr.
I really enjoyed getting to talk to people and working the booth. I want to be an event planner or work in marketing and promotions so this was a really great opportunity for me. I got to see what it was like working a booth and also walked around and checked out the layout of the trade show space. The show was in the field house. ESPN Wide World of Sports is huge! I have never been there before. It would have been a really cool place to compete at when I was in high school playing sports.
Other than the trade show, the event included a 5k run and a half marathon throughout Epcot. Epcot is also hosting the 2011 Food & Wine Festival throughout the park. I have never attended but my roommate told me she attended last year and you basically go to the different buildings in Epcot that represent the different countries and try different foods and beverages.
All in all, the trade show was a success. We got a lot of registrations from prospective students. I hope a few students enroll because of the trade show. Full Sail is an amazing school and I have really enjoyed my time as a student there and like sharing my experience with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment