Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Patricks Day


St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow, March 17, 2011. It only comes once a year! Don't forget to wear your green tomorrow or you might get pinched! What are you going to do for this festive day?  Where are you going to drink your green beers? If you are in the Orlando, FL area there is a lot of choices. 

Here are a few St. Patrick’s Day Parties that I would recommend:

Wall Street is having a block party from 4:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. with drink specials and an entry fee of only $5! This is a great place to go for people on a budget. Wall Street is an area downtown where you get to experience a few different bars. Each bar has a different theme and you get to experience them all for one entry fee. My favorite bars in Wall Street are WalTiki, One Eyed Jacks. WalTiki reminds me of a giant tiki bar and One Eyed Jacks reminds me of the bars I went to during my undergrad at Florida State.

Another option besides Wall Street downtown would be Church Street. You can enter the party at Chiller's. The event has free admission on St. Paddys Day and before 10:00 p.m. the next day. I have actually never been to this bar but I have heard it is a great time. I have noticed people dress up a bit more for the bars off Church Street. So if the laid back bar scene isn't your thing, you would probably like the bars off Church Street more.

If you don't want to go downtown check out one of my favorite bars in Orlando called World of Beer. There are three locations one on Dr. Phillips, UCF and one at Lake Mary. I have visited the World of Beer on Dr. Phillips and it did not disappoint. It reminds me of a modern Irish Pub with a great laid-back atmosphere. There were so many different brews to try. Some nights they showcase live music. Don't forget to check out the dyson dryers in the bathroom, they are so cool.

You could also check out Raglan Road in Downtown Disney. This would be a good place to go if you are visiting Orlando for the theme parks and or if you are with your family.

Wherever you decide to spend your St. Patrick's Day, have a great time. Just be sure to be safe

For more information on St. Patrick’s Day parties check out the Orlando Sentinel

Sláinte
(The Irish word for “Cheers”)

No comments:

Post a Comment